Worship is a very important element to the body at One Church. We are seeking a person who is willing to humbly lead our congregation into the presence of Jesus through praise and worship regardless of life’s circumstances. We need someone whose life has clearly been changed by the Gospel, and reflects it with honesty, vulnerability, and authenticity.
We need someone who will lead and organize the entire music and creative ministry, and shepherd the people serving in those ministries as well. We are seeking a person who is biblically grounded, with vision, spiritual maturity and musical gifts.
The Worship Leader will oversee and coordinate all the details of music, audio/video, and stage presentation. The Worship leader develops and implements high-impact, compelling services that lead people to encounter God and live with greater love and submission to Him.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship
2. Strong desire to bring people closer to the Lord
3. Talented vocally and with either a guitar or keyboard
4. Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills
5. Good computer skills with a knowledge with Mac & ProPresenter
6. 2+ years of experience in the field of worship, media, and communications preferred
7. Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life
8. Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative
1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus through ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship
2. Collaborate with the rest of the staff and leadership of the church to create congruent, quality worship experiences that honor the Lord
3. Lead in stage design that go along with the theme, current sermon series or special events.
4. Attract, recruit, and train musically talented members to serve on worship team
5. Create quality video components to compliment the service (ProPresenter, etc)
6. Ensure that Audio/Video and Lighting equipment is tuned and working properly
7. Oversee song selections and rehearsals in a timely manner, striving for excellence in all worship experiences
8. Work with youth leader to maintain and develop youth praise and worship
9. Attend conferences and training as needed
10. Schedule and coordinate musicians and technicians involved in weekly practice and services
11. Maintain a worship style that aligns with the core beliefs of One Church
12. Assist and coordinate set up and break down of the sanctuary equipment as needed
13. Be responsible for special musical events (outreach events, night of worship, Christmas specials, easter. etc.)
In addition to these duties, there are some general staff expectations:
1. Be an active part and help lead our guest assimilation and follow up team
2. Attend weekly staff meetings
3. Participate with other pastoral staff in pastoral care, visitation, weddings, funerals, etc as needed.
4. Be willing to help in areas of local and global missions/outreach.
5. Be an active part of a community group
6. Carry out other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor
Please include with your submission:
1. Current resume with references along with your facebook, twitter, Instagram etc. account info)